Thursday, September 3, 2026

Reflect on a time when you discovered a new perspective that completely changed how you viewed a person, group, or place. How did your previous “single story” shape your thoughts or actions?

Prompt Response:

A time I discovered a new perspective was when I got to know someone I had judged based on what other people told me. I thought they were a certain type of person, but after actually talking to them, I realized I had judged them without knowing their full story.

Summary:
My first opinion of them came from what other people said, so I only knew one side of the story. Once I got to know them myself, I realized there was more to them than what I had heard.

Reflection:
This taught me not to judge people based on one story. Everyone has their own experiences and personality, and I should take the time to get to know someone before making assumptions.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Prompt: If you could share one dish from your culture or family traditions with someone who has never tried it, what would you choose? What would you want that person to understand about you or your culture through that dish?

Prompt Response: I would share palusami, a traditional Samoan dish made with taro leaves and coconut cream. Summary: I would want someone to...